Friday, January 23, 2009

A Horse Tale


Today began by taking a morning walk in the vegetable garden with my son Jeremy. The crisp fresh air energized our lungs as we put one foot in front of the other, being careful not to step on the rows and rows of leafy greens. My son was in awe of the dark green cabbage unfolding it's perfect head. I think it was the first time he saw cabbage growing in a garden. It was so picture perfect we had to pause a moment and take in the garden magazine quality.

.As I glanced around the garden I noticed three horses grazing in the field. A barbed-wire fence separated the field from the garden. A quick click from my mouth and the horses came trotting over to the fence. The white horse came first, then the brown and the gray followed behind. As I approached the fence, the white horse fixed his eyes upon me and lifted his head over the top of the fence. I spoke soft and loving words to him as I stroked his forehead admiring his beauty. He gave a gentle snort and turned his head for me to stroke his neck. I imagined myself mounting him bareback and riding off into the wind. A few more gentle pats and I turned my attention back to exploring the garden. I looked back over my shoulder and noticed he was walking up and down the fence with my every turn. It was obvious to me he wanted more of my company. I knew not to encourage him too much because he might find a way into the garden and have an awesome raw food breakfast.

Jeremy and I returned home with bunches of fresh leafy greens for our green drinks. After enjoying our green drinks my thoughts returned to the garden. I realized Mister White horse was not afraid of me because he could tell by his sense of smell I was not a meat eater and I would do him no harm. Living the raw food lifestyle makes our bodies clean on the inside and beautiful on the outside. If you are contemplating making a change in your diet, I encourage you to explore living and raw foods. It will be the best choice you have ever made for a healthier you.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though, I have never owned a horse, but I have been always passionate about horses. I like to enjoy their company and like to know each and every bit of this innocent animal. Whenever, I surf the Internet, I tend to read about horse-related stuff. One day, while doing so, I came across Horse2Heart (http://www.horse2heart.com/). I am glad to find such a website, where I can get everything from horse tales to tips to rescue tips. It is a great site!